The Lake James Environmental Association (LJEA) is a non-profit organization in Western North Carolina whose mission is to protect and enhance the health and natural beauty of Lake James and its watershed.
We do this through a variety of mechanisms:
- We participate in annual clean-ups of the Lake.
- We take water samples and test fish populations for contaminants.
- We monitor flood events and the impacts those have on siltation of the Lake and its watershed.
- We map the bottom of the Lake so that we can track the movement of silt before and after flood events.
- We educate the public through media awareness and our Kids in the Creek program.
We can certainly use your help and skillsets! If you have any interest in joining our fleet of volunteers e-mail us at email@example.com.